Rise Buildings, LLC
2.1 Website Use Information.
(i) What We Collect. We automatically track certain basic website user information about our Website visitors, such as their internet protocol (IP) address, their browser type, their internet service provider (ISP), their hardware, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, referring and exit pages and their click patterns within our Website (“Website Use Information”). To do this, we use web beacons, cookies, and other technologies provided by our analytics partner.
(ii) How We Use It. We use Website Use Information to do internal research on our visitors’ usage patterns, demographics, interests, and general behavior to better understand how they use our Website and what might make it better.
2.2 On-Site Hardware Use Information.
(i) What We Collect. We retain the information you give to us when you register with or use our On-Site Hardware located at properties serviced by our Services (“On-Site Hardware Information”). On-Site Hardware Information could include contact and identifying information (including, but not limited to, name, telephone number, email, and mailing address).
(ii) How We Use It. We use On-Site Hardware Information to provide users with the Services, including guest and service provider access and entry authorizations.
2.3 Access Information.
(i) What We Collect. We retain the information you voluntarily give to us during the process of registration to use the Services or to acquire support, as well as other information you voluntarily provide in connection with your use of the Services (“Access Information”). Access Information could include contact and identifying information (including name, telephone number, email, mailing address, and birthdate); user name and password (specifically chosen by you); location information; preferences and behavior; company affiliation; residential and commercial property affiliation; any updated information you choose to supply to us; rental and other payment amounts and the merchant receiving such amounts; visitor email, phone number, and photograph; third party carrier and package identification; third party maintenance identification and service requests; marketplace posts; and any other communications you have with our support staff and administrators. Access Information also includes information that we automatically track in connection with the use of the Services, such as a user’s internet protocol (IP) address, device manufacturer and model, operating system type and version, geographic location, internet provider, and access time.
2.4 Aggregated Information.
(i) What We Collect. We may use all Website Use Information, On-Site Hardware Information, and Access Information to develop aggregated information about our Website visitors and licensees of the Services and their use of our Website, On-Site Hardware, and the Services (“Aggregated Information”). Aggregated Information will not contain any personally identifiable Information about you.
(ii) How We Use It. We may use Aggregated Information for a variety of purposes, including improvement of our Website, On-Site Hardware, and the Services, coordination and cooperation with our analytics partners, the negotiation of relationships with service, marketing, or advertising partners and other business purposes.
(iii) The Extent to Which We Disclose It. We may disclose Aggregated Information in any manner required to use it in the manner discussed above.
2.5 Other Possible Uses of Your Information.
(i) Legal Compulsion. We may disclose any Information in the event we are required to do so by law for purposes of law enforcement or through judicial process. You authorize us to disclose any such Information to law enforcement or other government officials, and to other people who are authorized by court order or other judicial process to obtain it, as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate.
(ii) Enforcement of Rights/Obligations. Notwithstanding the above policies, we may use or disclose any Information to the extent such use or disclosure is required to enforce our rights or protect our interests, to perform our legal obligations, or to provide, maintain, protect, or improve our Website, On-Site Hardware, or the Services.
4. Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers in order to efficiently deliver the Services to you. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any third party websites or services linked to or from the Services, including all information or content collected or contained therein. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those linked to or included in the Services, are subject to the applicable third party service provider’s own rules and polices. Our third party services include credit card and Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments providers. If you choose to use any credit card or ACH payment feature of the Services, you will provide personal identifying information required for our third party payment providers to process the payment request (such as your credit card number, bank name, bank routing number, account number, account holder name, merchant name, and payment amount). In connection with such payment transactions, we receive, collect, and maintain the account holder name, merchant name, and payment amount. We do not receive, collect, or maintain any other personal identifying information from such payment transactions; such information is governed by the privacy policies of the applicable payment processors.
5. Publicly Available Information. Our Website, On-Site Hardware, and the Services may permit you and other users to post, publish, and transmit information, video, image, data, text, documents, and other content onto public or private areas of our Website, On-Site Hardware, and the Services and to other users (“User Submissions”). You acknowledge and agree that User Submissions may become publicly published content and will be available to us and other users without fees or compensation of any kind to you.
6. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to provide and improve our Website, On-Site Hardware, and the Services and to enhance your experience with our Website, On-Site Hardware, and the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeted advertisements. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Website, On-Site Hardware, or the Services.
7. Opt-out. We may use your email address to send you promotions, updates, newsletters, or news regarding our Website, On-Site Hardware, and the Services. You may choose not to receive future emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that you receive from us. If you no longer desire to use the Services, or wish to delete or deactivate your account, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Security. The security of your Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, On-Site Hardware, or the Services, you can send an email to email@example.com.
10. Business Transfers. In the event that Rise is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, change of control, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets with a third party, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the Information we have collected from you and our users as part of such transaction. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control the manner in which your Information is treated, transferred, or used.
11. Children. Our Website, On-Site Hardware, and the Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without prior parental consent or parental notification. If you are under the age of 13, please do not access our Website, On-Site Hardware, or the Services, or send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete such information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Privacy Rights and Data Protection Practices
International Privacy Rights (EU)
If you are a resident of the European Union or European Economic Area (the “EU”), the General Data Protection Law (“GDPR”) may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your GDPR privacy rights, visit https://eugdpr.org/the-regulation/. A list of European Union data protection authorities is available at: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
For example, EU users may have the following rights with respect to their personal information:
- The right to know what information Rise collects from you, why it is collected, and how it is shared.
- The right to have access to your personal information in a portable format, to the extent technically feasible.
- The right to have your personal information deleted by the Rise and its service providers and to be notified when such deletion has been completed, colloquially known as the “right to be forgotten”.
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal information rectified and to be notified upon rectification.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information.
Below is a list of our service providers with whom we may share user information and the services they generally provide.
|Service Provider||Purpose of Data Sharing|
|Google Analytics||User Analytics|
|WinDSX||Building Access Security|
|S2 Security||Building Access Security|
|AMAG Security||Building Access Security|
|CCure Security||Building Access Security|
|Kastle Systems||Building Access Security|
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law, including, without limitation, the GDPR. In situations in which Rise processes personal data on behalf of a user, Rise may refer the request to the relevant user and cooperate with their handling of the request, subject to any special contractual arrangement with that user.
If you are using Rise out of the United States, your data and information is collected in the country in which you are located and is transferred to the United States where our servers are located. Appropriate contractual and other measures are in place to protect personal information when it is transferred to RISE or third parties in other countries outside of the EU.
If you would like to request to review, correct, restrict or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, object to the processing of personal information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request in accordance with the applicable law that governs the collection, use and deletion of your data and information.
Rise is committed to the free exercise of these rights without fear of being denied the opportunity to use the Service. To exercise any right or make any request, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with the applicable law that governs the collection, use and deletion of your data and information. The requested deletion will be as comprehensive as possible but is always subject to issues outside of our control, including applicable regulations and laws, your actions and the actions of third parties. It is important to note that we may retain a copy of the information for archival purposes and to avoid identity theft or fraud.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable law. However, we encourage any such user to contact us first at email@example.com, and we will do our very best to promptly address such user’s issue(s) and resolve the concern(s).
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information including without limitation:
- limiting access to your personal information to employees on a need-to-know basis;
- ensuring that data shared with Agents and Service Providers is limited to only data needed to complete their respective duties or services and deidentified whenever possible;
- using HTTPS protocol for secure communication over a computer network, which is widely used on the Internet;
- not storing your billing information or credit card information within our system directly, but instead using the Payment Processor to store all payment information;
- evaluating of all Service Providers before implementation;
- conducting regular security reviews internally to reevaluate all Service Providers and our system, to continue to ensure the highest level of security; and
- storing your personal information in secure encrypted systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to Rise. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures implemented by Rise.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure or that your personal information has been accessed, used or disclosed improperly or without your authorization, please immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register a complaint or concern, please contact us at: email@example.com