Name: Travis Marks
Role: Account Manager
1. Where are you from and how long have you been at Rise?
I started at Rise Buildings in April 2020. I grew up in Wisconsin, lived in South Carolina for 5 years after college, and been in Chicago for the past 5 years.
2. What first drew you to Rise Buildings/tech/real estate? Or how did you get your start working in PropTech?
I really knew nothing about Rise except for them being a start-up proptech company from internet searches before my interview. I came from a Fortune 250 industrial manufacturing company and was looking for a different culture. My neighbors and their friend knew Adnan through floor hockey and that Rise was looking to expand. They helped connect the dots and got me an interview. After talking to Chris, Steve, and Adnan, I knew it was a team and culture I wanted to be a part of!
3. What is your role with Rise Buildings and in what way do you support the business or Rise Buildings customers?
I’m an Account Manager at Rise Buildings. I support our largest and key properties once they start using the Rise platform. I help them best utilize all of Rise’s features, communicate our latest feature improvements, outfit properties with our hardware, and help with their unique property workflows.
4. What do you like about working at Rise Buildings?
I enjoy helping property managers and seeing their properties succeed. That success starts with the entire team at Rise Buildings. We take every challenge and turn it into an opportunity to make our platform better.
5. What’s a personal passion of yours in or outside of your work?
Outside of Rise, I’m a big sports fanatic. I enjoy watching my Wisconsin teams on TV (sorry Chicago fans!), and playing as much golf and kickball as I can during the summer.